There is currently an outbreak of the highly contagious Gastro-Intestinal Flu at Terrace East, Pavilion and Menno Hospital.
March 11 – 17: ALL ACTIVITIES ARE CANCELLED IN THE APARTMENTS, INCLUDING RECREATION AND CHAPEL up to and including March 17th.
CANCELLED: All activities that have outside guests – including Apartments, Menno Home and Menno Hospital,
Next Update: Monday, March 18th – Until the Outbreak is over, follow all protocols below.
Outbreaks are identified in the care environment by clinical care staff who are attending to the needs of the residents. This is the case for Terrace East Assisted Living. The other apartment buildings do not have clinical care for all residents which means that residents and families must report any gastro-intestinal illness to Reception.
We are asking for all residents and visitors to be vigilant in preventing the spread of Gastro-Intestinal symptoms.
What protocols should you follow?
Residents who are experiencing GI Flu symptoms:
- If you are experiencing vomiting, diarrhea or other gastro-intestinal symptoms, do NOT leave your apartment suite.
- Report your illness to Reception so that we can keep track of the spread of infection.
- Wash your hands with soap – wash more often than you ever have. This is the main way to prevent this type of GI Outbreak from spreading.
- Order a Meal Delivery for Illness package through Reception – 604.851.4004 (TE, TW, Pavilion) or 604.851.4000 (PG). Your meals will be brought to your apartment.
- OR, you can call Reception to ask for meals to be placed in the fridge for pickup AFTER lunch or AFTER supper (when others are not around).
- If you are NOT ill, you can get your Bistro snack from the kitchen. All Assisted Living residents will have their snack delivered.
- Do NOT go from building to building. Do NOT attend events in other buildings. Do NOT visit others who are ill.
- Do NOT visit at Menno Home or Menno Hospital. This may spread the GI flu to those who are frail and vulnerable.This includes all Apartments residents who have a spouse in Home or Hospital.
- You must remain in isolation for 48 hours AFTER your symptoms have ended.
- Do NOT visit more than one person when you are visiting at Menno Place.
- Wash your hands with soap – at least 1 minute of scrubbing and soaping your hands – more often than you have ever done.
- If you are experiencing flu symptoms, do NOT come to visit.
- Do NOT cross-contaminate between The Apartments and Menno Home/Hospital.
- Call Reception (see #3 above) to order meal delivery for your loved one in The Apartments.
- Report any incident of GI symptoms to Reception.
Please click here for information about Infection Control at Menno Place – Click Here.