The Menno Hospital Auxiliary is a rewarding, challenging and fulfilling opportunity to participate and make a difference at Menno Place. The Auxiliary volunteers support and assist the staff and provide an important link for residents to the community.
The Menno Hospital is licensed under the Hospital Act. Like other hospitals (ARH, St. Paul’s, etc.), this provides the opportunity for the community to support the Menno Hospital through charitable gifts. Historically, auxiliaries have been responsible for providing hospitals with the extras that are not covered through provincial funding.
The Menno Hospital Auxiliary is a team of volunteers who generate revenue through running the Menno Place Treasures Gift Shop and special fund-raising.
Auxiliary Volunteers are people who:
- enhance residents’ comfort through visiting, transporting and establishing friendships
- initiate funding for special needs such as equipment, as approved by the Menno Hospital
- foster good relations between the Menno Hospital and the community
- serve the Menno Hospital, promoting the residents’ welfare
Auxiliary Volunteers spend time:
- operating the Menno Place Fireside Treasures Gift Shop
- reading and writing letters
- hosting special events
- creating special fund-raising projects
- knitting articles for the gift shop
Download the Online Application PDF and submit the completed form to the Fireside Treasures Gift Shop at the Menno Hospital Main Entrance.
Call Yvonne – 604.853.5529 to let the Menno Hospital Auxiliary know you are interested in joining this great cause.